ACA 2020 Convention Workshops
“The Power of Sharing”
Dear Fellow Traveler,
Thank you for your interest and generosity in leading a workshop at the ACA 2020 Convention. We are very excited to read your application and learn more about your proposed offering.
Here are some points to consider as you prepare your workshop and application:
- What will your fellow travelers take-away from this workshop?
- How will the “power of sharing” be related to your workshop?
- How is this workshop directly related to ACA?
- How have you applied these principles in your own life/recovery?
- Have you lead a workshop before for ACA or another 12 step program?
- How will you foster interaction based on different learning styles (visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) to create an experience for participants? What kind of exercises will you incorporate to help achieve the learning you want participants to take away? What percentage of your workshop will be experiential vs. lecture?
We invite your creativity in terms of ACA-related workshop topics. We also would like to see workshops addressing the following topics:
- The power of sharing
- Anger in relationship to ACA recovery
- Communication, communicating with ourselves [Critical parent/inner child/healthy adult, etc..], communicating with others
- Detaching with Love
- Instructions or Guidance on how to work the steps
- Chapter 2 distorted modes of thinking (perfectionism, control, judgmentalism and all-or-nothing thinking) and how to transform those
- Honesty and boundaries – how to know what they are, how to set them for oneself, how to uphold them, etc.
- Living in the Solution
- Service – how to get involved and start doing service.
- WSO – information on how it is structured and what the committees do.
- Intergroup – how to start a local intergroup.