Frequently Asked Questions about the
ACA WSO ABC & AWC
- What is the ACA WSO? This abbreviation stands for Adult Children of Alcoholics World Service Organization. The ACA WSO is the corporation that manages the business of the ACA worldwide fellowship.
- What is the ABC? ABC stands for Annual Business Conference, it is the annual meeting of ACA WSO board members, group delegates and intergroup representatives who gather to conduct the business of the organization. The conference is open to all ACA members to attend and observe, however only the board members and pre-registered delegates from groups and intergroups may participate in the meeting.
- What does AWC stand for? The meaning of AWC is ACA World Convention. All persons interested in the ACA program are welcome to attend the meetings, workshops and social activities held during the AWC.
- When are they held? The ABC starts on Thursday, April 26th at 9am and runs through Friday, April 27th at 5pm. The convention starts Friday evening following the ABC and ends after the 4pm closing event on Sunday, April 29th.
- How do I register if I am going to be a voting delegate at the ABC? Either by using our online registration form found here or by filling out the registration form that can be downloaded here.
- What does it cost to attend if I am a Delegate? There is no fee for delegates or regular ACA members to attend the ABC. If you commute the only cost to attend the ABC portion of the event would be for your meals if you choose to eat at the hotel. Either way you must use the mail-in form to register if you are a delegate. Please note to attend the convention portion there is a registration fee of $50.00 CAD, super early discount until Nov 30th that is required. The price increase after Nov 30th, stay tuned.
- What does it cost to attend the AWC part of the event?
The fee for regular ACA members is $50 super early bird special until Nov 30th using our online service found here or via prepaid mail in form . The price increase after Nov 30th, stay tuned.
- How do I order meals at the ABC/AWC? Attendees also will have the option of purchasing tickets for meals online at the time of registration or later while quantities last. The last date to order meals is March 1, 2018 at the stated prices.
There is no guarantee walk-ins will be able to attend if the facility maximum capacity is reached.