Meetings will be starting on Friday and are based on the Laundry List - 14 Traits of an Adult Child and on the theme of this years convention.
- Trait 1 - We became isolated and afraid of people and authority figures.
- Trait 2 - We became approval seekers and lost our identity in the process.
- Trait 3 - We are frightened by angry people and any personal criticism.
- Trait 4 - We either become alcoholics, marry them or both, or find another compulsive personality such as a workaholic to fulfill our sick abandonment needs.
- Trait 5 - We live life from the viewpoint of victims and are attracted by that weakness in our love and friendship relationships.
- Trait 6 - We have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility and it is easier for us to be concerned with others rather than ourselves; this enables us not to look too closely at our own faults, etc.
- Trait 7 - We get guilt feelings when we stand up for ourselves instead of giving in to others.
- Trait 8 - We became addicted to excitement.
- Trait 9 - We confuse love and pity and tend to "love" people we can "pity" and "rescue".
- Trait 10 - We have "stuffed" our feelings from our traumatic childhoods and have lost the ability to feel or express our feelings because it hurts so much (Denial).
- Trait 11 - We judge ourselves harshly and have a very low sense of self-esteem.
- Trait 12 - We are dependent personalities who are terrified of abandonment and will do anything to hold on to a relationship in order not to experience painful abandonment feelings, which we received from living with sick people who were never there emotionally for us.
- Trait 13 -Alcoholism is a family disease; and we became para-alcoholics and took on the characteristics of that disease even though we did not pick up the drink.
- Trait 14 - Para-alcoholics are reactors rather than actors.
- Talk - 9am & 10am
- Trust - 11am & 12pm
- Feel - 1pm & 2pm